Criteria Range at two different places

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Sweden
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365

    Criteria Range at two different places

    Hello.

    I have a problem that I can not figure out how to handle.

    I have this DCOUNT function: =DCOUNT(Database;DATA!$L$10;(B79:B80))

    It works but now I want to add another criteria range at another place in my workbook.

    I try to do it like this: =DCOUNT(Database;DATA!$L$10;(B79:B80;A107:A108))
    but it does say #Value!. What can be wrong.
    The two criteria ranges are B79:B80 and A107:A108.
    How can I change the above function so that I allso take A107:A108 in concideration?

    I hope I have contributet enough information but if I have forgotten something, please ask and I will give it to you.

    /Anders

  2. #2
    William Horton
    Guest

    RE: Criteria Range at two different places

    With DCOUNT you can not split up your criteria in non-adjacent ranges. They
    have to be next to each other. If you criteria must be plit up into
    non-adjacent ranges I would suggest using the SUMPRODUCT function to
    accomplish your task.

    =SUMPRODUCT(--firstrange=firstcriteria),--(secondrange=secondcriteria))

    The trues will turn into 1's and the fales to 0's. If both first and second
    is true the formula will multiply 1 * 1 which equals 1. It will then add up
    all the ones to give you a count.

    Play around with the function, Excel help, and posts regarding SUMPRODUCT
    and you will find what you need.

    Hope this helps.

    Thanks,
    Bill Horton