lookup value and return result in column to left

  1. #1
    Mark M
    Guest

    lookup value and return result in column to left

    Since my array is not in ascending order, my result is NA
    I am attempting to get a value in column A to be the result of searching in
    colum B based on the lookup value in cell G1. My column B is not in ascending
    order. Column A is a ranking column of 1-44. (In other words, I am seraching
    for John Doe in column B. The result should be the ranking position on in the
    same row of column A)

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: lookup value and return result in column to left

    Try this:

    =INDEX(A1:A100,MATCH(G1,B1:B100,0))

    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mark M
    Guest

    Re: lookup value and return result in column to left

    AWESOME!! It worked. Thank You!

  4. #4
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: lookup value and return result in column to left

    Appreciate the feed-back.

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

    -
    > > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

    !

    -