need formula advice

  1. #1
    CdnMichael
    Guest

    need formula advice

    I need to create a formula to substitute a letter result for a range of
    numerals. That is I want to represent a letter grade for a range of
    percentage results. Any tips?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: need formula advice

    To convert scores to letter grades use a Lookup table and VLOOKUP functions.

    OR a Lookup formula without a table

    Assuming scores are in column A starting at A1.

    In B1 enter this formula then drag/copy down column B

    =LOOKUP(A1,{0,31,41,51,61,71,81,91,101},{"E","D","C-","C","C+","B","B+","A"})

    Example only. Adapt for your scores and grades.

    Note the curly braces internally.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP