HOW TO CALCULATE 2/10 OF 1 PERCENT OF A TOTAL NUMBER?

  1. #1
    AMANDA RILEY
    Guest

    HOW TO CALCULATE 2/10 OF 1 PERCENT OF A TOTAL NUMBER?

    WHAT FORMULAS IS USED TO CALCULATE 2/10 OF 1 PERCENT OF A TOTAL NUMBER?

  2. #2
    Mike Middleton
    Guest

    Re: HOW TO CALCULATE 2/10 OF 1 PERCENT OF A TOTAL NUMBER?

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mike Middleton
    Guest

    Re: HOW TO CALCULATE 2/10 OF 1 PERCENT OF A TOTAL NUMBER?

    AMANDA RILEY -

    If the "TOTAL NUMBER" is in cell A1, in some other cell enter

    =0.002*A1

    - Mike
    www.mikemiddleton.com

  4. #4

    "AMANDA RILEY" wrote:
    > WHAT FORMULAS IS USED TO CALCULATE 2/10 OF
    > 1 PERCENT OF A TOTAL NUMBER?

    That depends on how hard you want to make this.

    The hardest answer I can think of is: put =2/10 into A1,
    then put =1%*A1 into A2.

    Or simply write =1%*2/10, or even =2%/10.

    But why not simply write: =0.2%?

    You might need to select Format > Cells > Percentage and
    2 decimal places in order to see your answer as percentage.

  5. #5

    I wrote:
    > "AMANDA RILEY" wrote:
    > > WHAT FORMULAS IS USED TO CALCULATE 2/10 OF
    > > 1 PERCENT OF A TOTAL NUMBER?

    > [....]
    > But why not simply write: =0.2%?

    Sorry: I overlooked the latter part of you question. The
    simplest answer is:

    =0.2%*number

    where "number" is the total number or a cell reference.