Can I use more than three conditions for conditional formating?

  1. #1
    Jmaas
    Guest

    Can I use more than three conditions for conditional formating?

    Is there a way around just being able to use conditional formatiing on only
    three conditions... I want to use 5 or 6?

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Can I use more than three conditions for conditional formating?

    Is it 5 or 6 "conditions" that you want? or 5 or 6 "formats"?

    Conditional Formatting is limited to 3 formats (4 if you count the default
    format of your cell). However, the number of conditions can be several with
    the help of the AND and OR functions.

    If you do indeed need 5 or 6 formats, then you'll probably need to pursue a
    VB option. If you provide examples of what you want to accomplish, we might
    be able to provide a solution.

    HTH,
    Elkar