how do I convert cell 'Street,#' to '# Street' these are addresse

  1. #1
    Closing hyperlinked wookbooks upon exit
    Guest

    how do I convert cell 'Street,#' to '# Street' these are addresse

    I have an extensive list of addresses -- provided format is 'streetname,###'
    (notice comma), I need addresses in format '### streetname' (notice space).
    An example would be 'Washington,1909' and desired outcome would be '1909
    Washington' I'd appreciate any suggestions for conversion script.

    Thanx RL

  2. #2
    Gilles Desjardins
    Guest

    Re: how do I convert cell 'Street,#' to '# Street' these are addresse

    First you create an empty column to the right of your text. Then Data, Text
    To Columns and follow delimited with coma.
    This will split your words from your numbers. At this time you now have two
    columns. Then in an ALL new 3rd column to the right you CONCATENATE both
    columns.
    HTH

    Gilles
    "Closing hyperlinked wookbooks upon exit"
    <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: how do I convert cell 'Street,#' to '# Street' these are addresse

    On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 18:35:02 -0700, Closing hyperlinked wookbooks upon exit
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have an extensive list of addresses -- provided format is 'streetname,###'
    >(notice comma), I need addresses in format '### streetname' (notice space).
    >An example would be 'Washington,1909' and desired outcome would be '1909
    >Washington' I'd appreciate any suggestions for conversion script.
    >
    >Thanx RL

    =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(",",A1))&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1)

    --ron

  4. #4
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England