SUM a range of sales based on month

  1. #1
    Manos
    Guest

    SUM a range of sales based on month

    Dear All

    I am trying to add a specific range of data
    Column A include a code
    Column B-X include actual data
    Culumn X- AI include budget figures.
    Also in cell A1i have the number of the month

    For example the month is 3 (March)
    I want in AK to create a SUMIF where the formula will sum columnsX+Y+Z
    If month goes 4 then should calculate
    X+Y+Z+AA
    and so on

    Any good ideas?

    Thanks in advance Manos

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: SUM a range of sales based on month

    One way ..

    Assuming data in row2 down
    and in col A are the month numbers: 1, 2,3, 4, etc

    Put in AK2: =IF(A2="","",SUM(OFFSET($X2,,,,A2)))
    Copy down as required
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  3. #3
    Manos
    Guest

    Re: SUM a range of sales based on month

    I have the month always in A1
    i change it manualy
    in Column A from A5 till A1500 i have data

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Max

    "Manos" wrote:
    > I have the month always in A1
    > i change it manually
    > in Column A from A5 till A1500 i have data

    Put in AK5: =IF($A$1="","",SUM(OFFSET($X5,,,,$A$1)))
    Copy AK5 down to AK1500

  5. #5
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: SUM a range of sales based on month

    You say you have a product code and a month in col A. How?
    1-222222c
    222222c-1
    or ?

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:%[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Manos
    Guest

    Re: SUM a range of sales based on month

    A1 has the month, which i change it manualy

    and form A2 - A1500 has product names and codes

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Max
    Guest

    Re: SUM a range of sales based on month

    Implemented in OP's sample file (sent over)
    ---------------------------
    Put in Q6: =IF($F$1="","",SUM(OFFSET($D6,,,,$F$1)))
    Copy down

    Adapt to suit your continental Excel ..
    (replace commas [separator] with semicolons)

  8. #8
    Forum Contributor
    San Diego, CA
    This works to sum columns per month based on the date in cell A1.

    =SUM(INDIRECT("A5:"&CHAR(MONTH(A1)+64)&65536))

    It might help you out.

  9. #9
    Manos
    Guest