IF - returns name error

  1. #1
    Alan Davies
    Guest

    IF - returns name error

    I want to use an IF statment in a spreadsheet as follows

    Column I cells are Validated as Lists for input

    Column K is a value that is associated with Column I

    I want Column P to show me column K's value if Colmun I matches a certain
    selection from the list:

    When I input the statement:
    =IF(I2=ABCD,K2,0) I get an error of #Name? in P2

    Can anyone explian why, and help me correct this please
    TIA

  2. #2
    Bondi
    Guest

    Re: IF - returns name error

    Hi
    Try this,

    =IF(I2="ABCD",K2,0)

    With text you have to inclose it in qutation marks otherwise Excel
    thinks it is a name in the sheet and can't find it.

    Regards,
    Bondi

  3. #3
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: IF - returns name error

    =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(I2,{"A";"B";"C";"D"},0)),K2,0)

    AP

    [email protected]...