How to copy formulas to a new workbook? Paste Special is different

  1. #1
    MS-Requestor
    Guest

    How to copy formulas to a new workbook? Paste Special is different

    Paste Special is showing a different list other than where you have radio
    buttons. I am using Microsoft Excel 2003.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How to copy formulas to a new workbook? Paste Special is different

    If you want the formulas not to point back to the original workbook you can
    do as follows, in the source workbook do edit>replace and replace = (the
    equal sign) with something like ^^^^, that will make them text strings, now
    select them and copy them and just paste them into the new/other workbook,
    then reverse the replace in both workbooks by replacing ^^^^ with =, done!

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    MS-Requestor
    Guest

    RE: How to copy formulas to a new workbook? Paste Special is different

    I want to copy the formula only to a different workbook. If so how as I do
    not see the the pop-up window having different radio buttons (which includes
    formula, validation, etc) when I click on Paste Special.

    Thanks for your help.