sum the results of a group of formulas

  1. #1
    astjels
    Guest

    sum the results of a group of formulas

    I have a spreadsheet with forms (questions with checkbox fields) in it. Each
    checkbox cell is linked to a copy of the same group questions where
    TRUE/FALSE resposnes are calculated for the forms. Based on the TRUE/FALSE
    response I have the following formula =IF(B301=FALSE,"0",IF(B301=TRUE,"10")).
    This formula works. I then need to reference the result of that formula to
    the original location/set of questions which would be cell E9. I have 18
    questions/fields that operate in this same manner with different formula
    results. I need to be able to calculate (SUM) the results of all of the
    formulas and place the result in field E33.
    I've tried copying the formula from E301 to E9, linking E9 to E301
    (=$E$301). I just cannot make these SUM. NOTE: All of the cells in row E
    that need to SUM are not adjacent.

  2. #2
    astjels
    Guest

    RE: sum the results of a group of formulas

    I found the answer to my own question (after about 5 hours of searching).
    If anyone has the same issue - the answer is:
    =SUM(E9)+(E10)+(E12)
    You can add on as many cells as needed.
    ASTJELS

  3. #3
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Posts
    13,482
    This works as well

    =SUM(E8,E9,E12)

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: sum the results of a group of formulas

    as does

    =E9+E10+E12

    Bob Phillips

    "davesexcel" <[email protected]> wrote