Returning a Value if 3 Conditions are True

  1. #1

    Returning a Value if 3 Conditions are True

    I have a large worksheet of text data.

    I need a formula or function to return the value in Column D if three (3) conditions are true in Columns A, B & C.

    e.g. If A1="Name" and B1="Grade" and C1="HOR" then DesMoines

    A B C D
    1 Name Grade HOR DesMoines

    Thanks for the advice in advance.

    Brownie

  2. #2
    ChuckF
    Guest

    Re: Returning a Value if 3 Conditions are True

    I'm not sure what you are looking for if one of those is NOT Name Grade
    or HOR but this will work for you...

    =IF(A1="name",IF(B1="grade",IF(C1="HOR","DesMoines")))

  3. #3
    Let me clarify a point.

    The data in Column D varies. I want it to return whatever is in column D if all conditions in Column A, B & C are true.

    If the conditions are NOT met then return a blank cell.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    SVC
    Guest

    RE: Returning a Value if 3 Conditions are True

    In D1, =IF(AND(A1="Name",B1="Grade",C1="HOR),"Des Moines","")

    If all three conditions are met, you will ge Des MMoines in cell D1,
    otherwise D! will be blank.

    Modify to meet the conditions you are looking to fulfill.

  5. #5
    Per Erik Midtrød
    Guest

    Re: Returning a Value if 3 Conditions are True

    I think you should use the both the AND and IF function like this:
    =IF(AND(A1="Name";B1="Grade";C1="HOR");"Des Moines";"")

    Per Erik

  6. #6
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: Returning a Value if 3 Conditions are True

    "Per Erik Midtrød" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Thu, 11 May 2006 16:04:13 -0500, brownie224
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>Let me clarify a point.
    >>
    >>The data in Column D varies. I want it to return whatever is in column
    >>D if all conditions in Column A, B & C are true.
    >>
    >>If the conditions are NOT met then return a blank cell.

    >I think you should use the both the AND and IF function like this:
    > =IF(AND(A1="Name";B1="Grade";C1="HOR");"Des Moines";"")

    =IF(AND(A1="Name",B1="Grade",C1="HOR"),D1,"")
    --
    David Biddulph