Tick Boxes

  1. #1

    Tick Boxes

    If there any way that you can incorporate a tick box in to a formula, I want something along the lines of.

    If tickbox is unchecked then Sum(a1:a5), if tickbox is checked then sum(a1:a5)/2

    Is this possible?

  2. #2
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Tick Boxes

    You must link your textbox to some cell (say D1) that will automatically
    switch from FALSE to TRUE when the checkbox is ticked.

    Then you can use a formula like:
    IF(A1SUM(A1:A5)/2;SUM(A1:A5)

    AP

    message de news: [email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ian P
    Guest

    Re: Tick Boxes

    Almost works!

    To link the text box, right click it and then select Format Control and then
    the tab Control and select a cell in cell link.

    The formula should then be:

    =IF(D1=TRUE,SUM(A1:A5)/2;SUM(A1:A5))

    HTH

    Ian

  4. #4
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Tick Boxes

    Booooooh: I did not test, nor re-read my formula!
    Shame on me!

    --
    AP

    [email protected]...