Recalculation

  1. #1

    Recalculation

    Hi,

    Excel automatically calculates cells which I don't need so I went to Tools > Options > Calculations and changed it to manual calculation. But from time to time for some reason, Excel switches back to automatic calculation. Is there any reason for this and anyway I can avoid this from happening?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: Recalculation

    Hi workerboy.

    Whether Auto Calc is on or off is determined by the first spreadsheet you
    open during the session.
    Hope this helps.
    Andy.

    "workerboy" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Thanks for the help Andy. I guess i'll just make an auto open macro that changes it to manual each time.

  4. #4
    Kevin Vaughn
    Guest

    Re: Recalculation

    Another possibility is a macro that changes calculation to manual before it
    starts processing, and then, assuming that calculation had been automatic
    before it started (which in your case would be an incorrect assumption)
    changes calculation to automatic.

    --
    Kevin Vaughn