Averaging Golf Scores

  1. #1
    Jerry
    Guest

    Averaging Golf Scores

    How do I write an Excel formula that will select the smallest 10 of 15 golf
    scores so that I can determine the handicap for the 10? I know how to do it
    with AutoFilter but I want to write a formula.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: Averaging Golf Scores

    You can use SMALL, each time with a different index. For example, if the
    data is in A1:A15
    =SMALL(A1:A15,1)
    =SMALL(A1:A15,10)

    Hope this helps,
    Miguel.

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Averaging Golf Scores

    Hi!

    What if there aren't 15 scores? Are there any empty cells in the range? Are
    there any zero values that you may want to exclude? Are the scores in a
    column or a row?

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: Averaging Golf Scores

    In case you are interested, golf handicaps are normally the best 10 of the last
    20 games -- then take 96% of this average.

    Fred