Find duplicate entries within mulitple worksheets, then listing th

  1. #1
    Gayla
    Guest

    Find duplicate entries within mulitple worksheets, then listing th

    I have each months data seperated into multiple worksheets. Now I need to
    identify any entry that is duplicated and how often it is duplicated. I need
    the result to be ASA-2-145006 (2), ASA-2-305001 (2), ASA-2-305002 (2). My
    example data is below. Any help would be appreciated.

    Example:
    Jan Worksheet Feb Worksheet

    Column A Column A
    ASA-2-145006 ASA-2-145006
    ASA-2-205003 ASA-2-205004
    ASA-2-205004 ASA-2-305001
    ASA-2-205005 ASA-2-305002
    ASA-2-205006 ASA-2-305003
    ASA-2-305001 ASA-7-245001
    ASA-2-305002 ASA-7-245002

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Find duplicate entries within mulitple worksheets, then listing th

    Hi!

    In column B of one of your sheets, I guess Jan is good one for it, enter
    this formla and copy down:

    =COUNTIF(Feb_Sheet1!A:A,A1)

    Copy down as needed.

    My definition of duplicates:

    If you're counting duplicates ASA-2-145006 is only DUPLICATED once. The
    first instance is considered the original and then all other instances would
    be duplicates.

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...