Lookup dates, fiscal period table

  1. #1
    DSCAVOTTO
    Guest

    Lookup dates, fiscal period table

    I am trying to create a lookup table to determine the fiscal period of a
    transaction. For example,a transaction dated Feb. 21, 2006 would be in period
    14 in a table that started with Jan 2005. The file I am working with is
    fairly substantial with numerous transactions every month. I will need to
    have at least a three year table.

    Period Month
    1 Jan-05
    2 Feb-05
    3 Mar-05
    13 Jan-06
    14 Feb-06

    Thanks for your help.
    --
    Dave

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: Lookup dates, fiscal period table

    If you've got the analysis tool pak (tools > addins, ...), you could use
    datedif rather than a table. For example, if the transaction date is in A1,
    then the period would be =datedif(date(2004,12,1),a1,"m"). That will
    calculate the number of complete months since 12/1/04 so that 1/1/05 starts
    period number 1.
    --Bruce

  3. #3
    DSCAVOTTO