Vlookup is displaying the formula in its cell not the result??

  1. #1
    Craig H
    Guest

    Vlookup is displaying the formula in its cell not the result??

    Vlookup is displaying the formula in its cell not the result??

    In excel I can't get the V-lookups I'm running to show their reaults, when
    creating the vlookup the result is display, but the result doesn't show in
    the cell with the formula??

    Any ideas welcomed??

    Thanks Craig

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup is displaying the formula in its cell not the result??

    Hi

    Formulas don't work in cells formatted as text.

    --
    Arvi Laanemets
    ( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<at>tarkon.ee )

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup is displaying the formula in its cell not the result??

    Perhaps the cell is formatted as text. Change it to General, then do an
    F2-Enter.

    Bob Phillips

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Vlookup is displaying the formula in its cell not the result??

    Just to add on a little to Arvi's hint:
    > Formulas don't work in cells formatted as text.

    Try re-formatting the cell/col as general (or number),
    then re-confirm the formula (click inside the formula bar, press ENTER)
    --
    Max
    Singapore