modify a template that is protected

  1. #1
    sphoenix
    Guest

    modify a template that is protected

    How do I modify a Microsoft Excel template that I downloaded?

  2. #2

    Re: modify a template that is protected

    You can always create a new workbook based on that template and then save it as
    new template.

    (I like to keep the original downloaded version untouched--just in case I need
    to start again.)

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: modify a template that is protected

    Ask the "maker" for the password?

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    sphoenix
    Guest

    RE: modify a template that is protected

    This is an Excel template provided free by Microsoft. I wonder why it's
    password protected?

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: modify a template that is protected

    Maybe that's the reason? Anyway Dave gave you the answer