Index Match Two columns Find Last Bottom

  1. #1
    henryriver1
    Guest

    Index Match Two columns Find Last Bottom

    Thanks for all your help in the past, I have a list of data containing lets
    say two columns. I need to find the bottom or last which meets the criteria
    of column A. For instance,
    Column A Column B
    134 Jack
    168 Frank
    170 Sally
    134 Rod
    170 Amy
    What I need is where A = 134, I want to find the last used cell where A =134
    in which the answer is "Rod". I have searched for a while with other type
    solutions but none for exactly what I need. Thanks in advance. My data
    contains about 100 rows sometimes the data is the same 134 = Rod, but all I
    want is the last cell entry where A =134.

  2. #2
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: Index Match Two columns Find Last Bottom

    Assuming that A2:B6 contains the data, try...

    =LOOKUP(2,1/($A$2:$A$6=134),$B$2:$B$6)

    or

    =LOOKUP(2,1/($A$2:$A$6=D2),$B$2:$B$6)

    ....where D2 contains 134.

    Hope this helps!

  3. #3
    henryriver1
    Guest

    Re: Index Match Two columns Find Last Bottom

    Thanks, works like a dream. I am using this for a Real Time Reporting for
    our production and they want to know what product is being ran at the current
    time.

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Index Match Two columns Find Last Bottom

    =INDEX(A1:A20,IF(B1:B20="Rod",A1:A20),ROW(A1:A20))

    which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
    just Enter.

    Bob Phillips

    (replace somewhere in email address with googlemail if mailing direct)

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Index Match Two columns Find Last Bottom

    Don't know what happened there, should have been

    =INDEX(B1:B20,MAX(IF(A1:A20=D2,ROW(A1:A20))))

    still array formula.