sorry--i dont think i actually explained this correctly. I have returns
for 24 months for our fund and then for the indices that we're measure
our exposure to. To get the betas, i'm using the linest function in
excel, using the last12M of data--i'm showing 12 data points and so i
think i need the linest function to incorporate the moving average.
(If I do it on the return itself, one month mar 2006 will be in the
lower weighted category but as time goes on, it will eventually be in
the higher weighted category--i cant figure out how to account for
this...