SUMIFS() error?

  1. #1
    fgrose
    Guest

    SUMIFS() error?

    I'm trying the new SUMIFS() function in Excel 2007 beta2 and find that this
    expression produces a #VALUE! error eventhough the function wizard evaluates
    everything correctly and the step-by-step evaluation is fine until the said
    final error.

    Is this a bug?

  2. #2
    fgrose
    Guest

    RE: SUMIFS() error?

    Sorry, here is the expression: =SUMIFS(C3:C45,B3:B45,">"&B2,B3:B45,"<="&B3)

  3. #3
    fgrose
    Guest

    RE: SUMIFS() error?

    The criteria ranges are dates and the the sum_range is are currency values.

    I just noticed that the final formula result in the formula wizard give back
    the input string, SUMIFS(C4:C45,B4:B45,">"&B2,B4:B45,"<="&B3), with the B of
    B2 underscored in the first instance (under the intermediate results, which
    are correct) and the B of B3 underscored in the second instance at the bottom
    after the 'formula result =' label.

    I've changed the range starts to B4 and C4 so they don't overlap with the
    criteria cells, and I still suffer the #VALUE! error.

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: SUMIFS() error?

    I believe it has something to do with the used range (it's a bug) if you
    fill all the cells B4:C45 with numbers (any numbers) it will work, then if
    you clear those numbers it will still work

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: SUMIFS() error?

    I tested some more and if there are some empty cells in the criteria range
    there will be a value error, empty meaning that the cells have always been
    empty, however as soon as they have been filled it will work and if you fill
    them with something and later delete it, it will still work so definitely a
    bug. I filed a bug report on MS beta site

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: SUMIFS() error?

    I received an answer saying that this bug has been fixed in the next build