SUMPRODUCT and (perhaps) SUBTOTAL with AUTOFILTER

  1. #1

    Unhappy SUMPRODUCT and (perhaps) SUBTOTAL with AUTOFILTER

    Probably easy to ya'll but I am new to this.

    I am trying to SUMPRODUCT two columns that automatically adjust the answer to the autofilter that is selected..Any advice on how to achieve this.

    I assume it is some sort of SUMPRODUCT and SUBTOTAL combo formula but have been unable to figure it out.....

    =SUMPRODUCT(F4:F21,G4:G21) to be combined with =SUBTOTAL(9,G4:G21) or similar subtotal

    Hence when I select a suppliers name, it will display:
    Column C = Supplier (Autofiltered)
    Column D = Description of all the parts they supply us
    Column F = Price per part
    Column G through M = Quanity of each part in each region
    At the top (above autofilter) of G through H, I am trying to display how much the cost is of all the parts for the filtered supplier.

    Hence by changing the Autofilter selection, it will display a new supplier, their products and quantities x price per region.

    Please help if you know how to resolve.
    Last edited by Donovan; 06-08-2006 at 04:51 PM.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: SUMPRODUCT and (perhaps) SUBTOTAL with AUTOFILTER

    Example here

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?B22062C3D

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

    "Donovan" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dear PEO,

    Followed to sample and tried it but came up with value error:

    =SUMPRODUCT($F3:$F500,SUBTOTAL(9,I3:I500))

    Is this correct or am I missing the boat?

    R,
    Donovan

  4. #4
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: SUMPRODUCT and (perhaps) SUBTOTAL with AUTOFILTER

    Try...

    =SUMPRODUCT(F3:F500,SUBTOTAL(9,OFFSET(I3:I500,ROW(I3:I500)-ROW(I3),0,1)))

    Hope this helps!

    In article <[email protected]>,

  5. #5

    Dam_ you really know your stuff.

    Jedi Master Yoda, you really know your stuff.

    It works really well.

    I am amazed not more folks have published this type of question.

    Thanks for the help....