Column Headings in Lists

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Kikipelli2000
    Guest

    Column Headings in Lists

    Can anyone tell me how to eliminate all column headings in lists - even the
    default ones - from showing? There can't be any headings on this project I'm
    working on. I would really appreciate some input on this seemingly
    inconsequential issue! - Kikipelli2000

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Column Headings in Lists

    Hi, did you try to delete the row?

    does it help?
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    Kikipelli2000
    Guest

    RE: Column Headings in Lists

    Yes - I tried deleting .... my problem is I'm needing something similar to a
    drop down list without headers .... boss wants to just select a row from a
    list and everything will be filled in magically! .... it's been a little bit
    of a challenge! .... thank you so much for your response ... and if you think
    of anything else to try - let me know! - Kikipelli

  4. #4
    Mark Lincoln
    Guest

    Re: Column Headings in Lists

    You may have to resort to providing your own list functionality using
    VBA on ranges.

  5. #5
    Mark Lincoln
    Guest

    Re: Column Headings in Lists

    Marcelo, you cannot delete a row which contains the column headers for
    a list. Excel just won't let you.

  6. #6
    Marcelo
    Guest

    Re: Column Headings in Lists

    Ops! I didn't have notice, sorry and thanks for the feedback

  7. #7
    Mark Lincoln
    Guest

    Re: Column Headings in Lists

    Column headers are part of a List. As far as I know, the best you can
    do is hide the row in which the column headers reside.

  8. #8
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Column Headings in Lists

    Try

    Tools>Options...>View>Uncheck Row and column headers

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk