Can formats follow formulas?

  1. #1
    Phrank
    Guest

    Can formats follow formulas?

    Hello,

    I have a worksheet with many formulas connected to a second sheet.
    Some of the formulas on the first sheet are simply 'reading' the
    contents of a cell on the second sheet. However, if the contents of
    the cell on the second sheet has some specially formatting (i.e.
    bolded, italicized, etc.), the formatting doesn't follow to the first
    sheet. Is there a way to make this happen? Thanks.

    Frank

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Can formats follow formulas?

    No, formulas can never carry formats

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Phrank
    Guest

    Re: Can formats follow formulas?

    Well darn, that's not what I was hoping to hear. Thanks though. Can
    you think of a 'work around'? I have two identically looking sheets,
    and one is for entering the data, and the other manipulates the data
    and is the 'presentation' sheet. Thanks.