Please Help With Days Elapsed And Days Remaining Calculation

  1. #1
    Scoooter
    Guest

    Please Help With Days Elapsed And Days Remaining Calculation

    I do not even know where to begin to with a days elapsed calculation
    and a days remaining calculation taking the following into
    consideration. Any advice would be greatly appreciated:

    If AA2 = blank then leave blank without displaying an error message.
    If AA2 = "St1" then calculate Workdays elapsed from U2 and display.
    If AA2 = "St2" then calculate Workdays elapsed from Z2 and display.
    If AA2 = "St3" then calculate Workdays elapsed from Z2 and display.
    If AA2 = "PE" then calculate Workdays elapsed from U2 and display.
    If AA2 = "FOI" then calculate Workdays elapsed from U2 and display.
    If AA2 = anything else then return "Not Required"
    If AO2 = is populated with a date then quit counting days elapsed and
    display final figure.

    Bob Phillips kindly provided me with the following Due Date
    calculcation which works great. Is there anyway to adapt this to
    conditionally show the number of elapsed days and the number of days
    remaining?

    =IF(AA2="","",IF(OR(AA2="ST1",AA2="PE",AA2="ECC
    ST1"),WORKDAY(U2,10,Holidays!B7:B14),IF(OR(AA2="CA -
    ST2",AA2="FOI"),WORKDAY(Z2,20,Holidays!B7:B14),IF(AA2="ST3",WORKDAY(Z2,28,Holidays!B7:B14),"Not
    Required"))))

    I also need to exclude the following holidays:
    14/04/2006 Friday
    17/04/2006 Monday
    01/05/2006 Monday
    29/05/2006 Monday
    28/08/2006 Monday
    25/12/2006 Monday
    26/12/2006 Tuesday
    01/01/2007 Monday

    Thank you
    Scoooter

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Please Help With Days Elapsed And Days Remaining Calculation

    To go

    =NETWORKDAYS(TODAY(),IF(AA2="","",
    IF(OR(AA2="ST1",AA2="PE",AA2="ECC ST1"),WORKDAY(U2,10,Holidays!B7:B14),
    IF(OR(AA2="CA - ST2",AA2="FOI"),WORKDAY(Z2,20,Holidays!B7:B14),
    IF(AA2="ST3",WORKDAY(Z2,28,Holidays!B7:B14),"Not
    Required")))),Holidays!B7:B14)-1

    Gone

    =NETWORKDAYS(U2,TODAY(),Holidays!B7:B14)-1

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Scoooter
    Guest

    Re: Please Help With Days Elapsed And Days Remaining Calculation

    Thanks for that Bob it has been a great help. I have run into two
    problems though, mainly because I did not put enough thought into my
    process. First, is there away of making the elapsed days go from a
    live number to a historical number once AR2 = "closed"? Second, is it
    possible if U2 or Z2 = "N/a" then it does not calculate and returns
    "Not Required"?

    =NETWORKDAYS(U2,TODAY(),Holidays!B7:B14)-1

    On the following days remaining calculation, it appears to be working
    fine, but once again I did not put enough thought into it. First, I
    cannot seem to get the "Not Required" to show if AA2 displays anything
    other than St1, ECC St1, St2, St3, PE or FOI. As per above, it would
    help if U2 or Z2 = "N/a" it returned "Not Required". If AR2= "closed"
    it should then return "Not Required"