lbs ounces drams

  1. #1

    Question lbs ounces drams

    hi .can you please help
    i have a formula for adding 3 weights together. but i need excel to pick and add the 2 biggest together and put answer in cell A7 B7 C7.

    A2 POUNDS B2 OUNCES B3 DRAMS
    A3 2 B3 8 C3 8
    A4 5 B4 8 C4 8
    A5 6 B6 8 C6 8
    A6 ALL 3 WEIGHTS
    A7 2 BIGGEST WEIGHTS

    or could excel just add the 2 i put in a color say red.
    i'm no expert so could you please put answer the way i have to put it in the cells.
    THANKS IN ADVANCE OF A REPLY ,MICK,

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    RE: lbs ounces drams

    I'm not sure what you mean by the 2 biggest. I assume that you have the
    weight in #, oz and drams for each row. I think I'd add a column with the
    total in pounds (and fractions)

    D3: =A3 + (B3+(C3/16))/16
    Copy down to D5.

    A7: =SUM(LARGE(d3:d5,1),LARGE(d3:d5,2))
    A6: =SUM(D3:D5)

    HTH

  3. #3

    lb oz drms

    thanks barb i will try it now.

  4. #4

    Lbs Oz Drams

    Hi Barb It Seem's To Work But When Ounces Go Above 4 . Lbs Change Up 1 Lbs Are Always 1 To Manyany Idea?