Sumif Across multiple worksheets

  1. #1
    Giantrobot
    Guest

    Sumif Across multiple worksheets

    I work as a consultant to school districts and in doing so I set up
    enrollment projection models in excel workbooks. I am in the process of
    refining our models and reducing the work we do. My current workbook
    consists of about 350 worksheets of data (they normally are not this huge).
    I am trying to set up a summary sheet of all worksheets using a SUMIF
    command. I want to sum enrollments in cell E93 based on the school name
    entered in cell S16. My worksheets start with SAZ 1110823:SAZ 5172626 (based
    on our label system).
    I tired this command:

    =SUMIF('SAZ 1110823:SAZ 5172626'!S16,"Agua Caliente",'SAZ 1110823:SAZ
    5172626'!E93)

    And it came back with an error of "A value used in the formula is of the
    wrong data type". I'm not sure what step to take. I thought this would be a
    pretty simple formula, but have been stuck for several hours, and haven't
    really found a solution searching around the message board.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: Sumif Across multiple worksheets

    Untested...

    If you download and install the free add-in Morefunc.xll, you can use
    the following formula...

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(THREED('SAZ 1110823:SAZ 5172626'!S16)="Agua
    Caliente"),THREED('SAZ 1110823:SAZ 5172626'!E93))

    The add-in can be found in the following link...

    http://xcell05.free.fr/english/index.html

    Hope this helps!

  3. #3
    Giantrobot