VLOOKUP using another table for comparison values

  1. #1
    Karen S.
    Guest

    VLOOKUP using another table for comparison values

    Can I use VLOOKUP to compare values in another table? What would that
    formula look like? I've been going through various 'help' areas and cannot
    find a sample of how that would look.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: VLOOKUP using another table for comparison values

    I think the answer is yes but need more details on your tables to give a
    definative answer with suggestions on how to do it.

  3. #3
    Karen S.
    Guest

    RE: VLOOKUP using another table for comparison values

    It's a little complicated. I download data from another program and covert
    it to an Excel file. (Call it BUDGETDATA) In the far left column is a list
    of general ledger accounts. In other columns are listed budgeted amount,
    actual amount expended, amounts pending, etc.

    I need to pull the data from there into another Excel File (Call it REPORT).
    My Report has several worksheets in it (each pertaining to different budget
    areas) and I download budget data for each area, or worksheet.

    Does this help or do you need more info? Thank you :-)

  4. #4
    bj
    Guest

    RE: VLOOKUP using another table for comparison values

    I think that vlookup will do what you want.
    set up the equation in your report file and use the cursor to select the
    range in the Budgetdata file to get data from.
    You may have to play with the vlookup format to get it to do exactly what
    you want,
    check the options listed in help.