How do I change color pattern based upon a formula within a cell?

  1. #1
    aemuk
    Guest

    How do I change color pattern based upon a formula within a cell?

    EXCEL - Can anybody show me the specific keystrokes to direct a cell to be a
    certain color pattern based on the following example?

    If the entered data in B1 is > data in A1, then make the color pattern in B1
    Green
    If the entered data in B1 is < data in A1, then make the color pattern in B1
    Red
    If the entered data in B1 is = data in A1, then make the color pattern in B1
    Yellow

    Thanks for your help!

  2. #2
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: How do I change color pattern based upon a formula within a cell?

    Select cell B1
    From the Format Menu, choose Conditional Formatting
    Select "Cell Value Is Greater Than" then type in =A1
    Set your format (green)
    Click ADD>>
    Select "Cell Value Is Less Than" then type in =A1
    Set your format (red)
    Click ADD>>
    Select "Cell Value Is Equal To" then type in =A1
    Set your format (yellow)
    Click OK

    HTH,
    Elkar