How do I set up a countif, or sumif that is multiconditional?

  1. #1
    Mr. Yanni
    Guest

    How do I set up a countif, or sumif that is multiconditional?

    I often try to set up a countif or a sum if that is conditional on two or
    more conditions. For instance - I have Radio stations listed in one column,
    flight dates in another column, number of contacts for each flight in another
    column and appointments created from those contacts and finally, revenue
    generated form those appointments. One example would be to sumif column one
    equals the radio station and column two equaled the flight date then give me
    the revenue.

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: How do I set up a countif, or sumif that is multiconditional?

    Hy Yanni

    try to use

    =sumproduct(--($a$2:$a$100="radio")*($B$2:$b$100=date)*($c$2:$c$100))
    assuming that the revenue are on the C column

    hope this helps
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    Mr. Yanni

    "Marcelo" wrote:

    > Hy Yanni
    >
    > try to use
    >
    > =sumproduct(--($a$2:$a$100="radio")*($B$2:$b$100=date)*($c$2:$c$100))
    > assuming that the revenue are on the C column
    >
    > hope this helps
    > regards from Brazil
    > Marcelo
    >
    > "Mr. Yanni" escreveu:
    >
    > > I often try to set up a countif or a sum if that is conditional on two or
    > > more conditions. For instance - I have Radio stations listed in one column,
    > > flight dates in another column, number of contacts for each flight in another
    > > column and appointments created from those contacts and finally, revenue
    > > generated form those appointments. One example would be to sumif column one
    > > equals the radio station and column two equaled the flight date then give me
    > > the revenue.

    I did not know such a function existed. I will give it a try. Thank you my
    brazilian friend. gracious.

  4. #4
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a countif, or sumif that is multiconditional?

    Hi

    Take a look at the Sumproduct() function
    =SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$100="Station1"),--($B$1:$B$100=DATE(2006,6,20)),$C$1:$C$100)

    This assumes that your Radio Station is in column A, your Flight Dates
    in column B and your Revenue in column C.
    Change ranges to suit, but do ensure that the ranges are of equal size.
    Substitute for Station 1, the name of the station you want and for the
    date (example shows 20th June 2006)

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: How do I set up a countif, or sumif that is multiconditional?

    You are welcome Mr Yanni

  6. #6
    Mr. Yanni

    "Marcelo" wrote:

    > Hy Yanni
    >
    > try to use
    >
    > =sumproduct(--($a$2:$a$100="radio")*($B$2:$b$100=date)*($c$2:$c$100))
    > assuming that the revenue are on the C column
    >
    > hope this helps
    > regards from Brazil
    > Marcelo
    >
    > "Mr. Yanni" escreveu:
    >
    > > I often try to set up a countif or a sum if that is conditional on two or
    > > more conditions. For instance - I have Radio stations listed in one column,
    > > flight dates in another column, number of contacts for each flight in another
    > > column and appointments created from those contacts and finally, revenue
    > > generated form those appointments. One example would be to sumif column one
    > > equals the radio station and column two equaled the flight date then give me
    > > the revenue.

    Just tried it out - it works.

  7. #7
    Mr. Yanni

  8. #8
    Jess
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a countif, or sumif that is multiconditional?

    Hi! I have a similar query, i know how to use the sumproduct function in
    rgard to my data, what i want to know is how to refer to column in another
    sheet.
    Thanks

  9. #9
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a countif, or sumif that is multiconditional?

    Hi Mr Yanni

    >> Ok, it seems that the final array automatically sums under these
    >> conditions...How can I use the same formula to countif the first two
    >> or more conditions exist?

    Just leave out the final Revenue range
    =SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$100="Station1"),--($B$1:$B$100=DATE(2006,6,20)))

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...

  10. #10
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: How do I set up a countif, or sumif that is multiconditional?

    Hi Jess

    Just prefix the range with the sheet name and an exclamation mark e.g.

    Sheet1!$A$1:$A$100
    'My Data'!$A$1:$A$100

    Note that if you have spaces in the sheet name, you must enclose the
    name within single quotes.

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier