outline

  1. #1
    Vinaya
    Guest

    outline

    Hi,
    I have to do conditonal formatting based on outline. Mena first layer will
    have one format second different etc. Is there a way get out line in
    functions? if you have other solution for this also most welcome.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: outline

    Nel post news:[email protected]
    *Vinaya* ha scritto:

    > Hi,
    > I have to do conditonal formatting based on outline. Mena first layer
    > will have one format second different etc. Is there a way get out
    > line in functions? if you have other solution for this also most
    > welcome.
    > Thanks

    Maybe with Excel 2007...

    Till Excel 2003 Conditional Formatting *is* based on cells' values.

    Maybe you can succeed with VBA... But I can't help with that.

    --
    (I'm not sure of names of menues, option and commands, because
    translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

    Hope I helped you.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

    Ciao

    Franz Verga from Italy

  3. #3
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: outline

    You will need VBA for that. The VBA code can be written to detect the
    format of the cell and change the color, etc as you want. Please post back
    with more detail about the format(s) your cells have and in what ranges
    these cells are located, and how you want the cells formatted if a certain
    format is present. HTH Otto
    news:[email protected]...