Advanced Filter not working

  1. #1
    babypenquin
    Guest

    Advanced Filter not working

    Excel 2003 has just been installed on my computer and I was trying to use the
    advanced filter feature prior to creating a pivot table fromt he filtered
    data. The problem is that advanced filter does not seem to be working at
    all. The list is not filtered based on the criteria. I have reviewed the
    "Filter by using advanced criteria" in help and tried to duplicate the
    example, without success. What is wrong??

    Type Salesperson Sales
    =Davolio

    Data
    Type Salesperson Sales
    Beverages Suyana 5122
    Meat Davolio 450
    Produce Buchanan 6328
    Produce Davolio 6544

    Result of running advanced filter
    Type Salesperson Sales
    Beverages Suyana 5122
    Meat Davolio 450
    Produce Buchanan 6328
    Produce Davolio 6544

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Advanced Filter not working

    Hi

    Debra Dalgleish has some good instructions on how to use Advanced Filter
    on her site at
    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

    --
    Regards