Solving for multiple algebraic variables

  1. #1

    Question Solving for multiple algebraic variables

    Dear gurus,

    I'm trying to transcribe a complicated problem for a large project onto an excel sheet to give me 4092 sets of answers rather than me calculate each set by hand. In my case I'm ultimately solving for twelve variables. (if, I were to try graphing, it would take 12 dimensions).

    -------------

    Simply put: How do you solve for a variable when the equation is not in the terms of the variable? For example: x+2=3 My equation is too complicated to be transcribed as 3-2=x. Does excel support this?

    ------------

    Many thanks in advance for anyone who can help me!
    Sincerely,
    Chris

    P.S. If this is not written clearly, then I will gladly clarify.

  2. #2
    RWS
    Guest

    RE: Solving for multiple algebraic variables

    Try the solver add in, i don't knowif this will help Tools>Addins>Solver
    --
    RWS

  3. #3

    Talking Yaaay!!!

    Many MANY^23875 thanks!!!!

  4. #4

    More Information

    Do you have more information on the equations you are trying to solve? Are they linear equations? over 4000 solutions in 12 variables sounds like they are not.

    I would try Mathematica, Maple, or some other symbolic math program.