How do I get the total number of items that meet 2 criteria in Exc

  1. #1
    Terri
    Guest

    How do I get the total number of items that meet 2 criteria in Exc

    In an excel spreadsheet I am attempting to count the number of items that
    meet two criteria, i.e.,

    (Prod #) (Date Sold)
    Column D Column N
    11 04/11/04
    11 03/15/04
    11 05/23/04
    18 03/15/04
    18 07/04/05
    18 08/19/04

    I have the total number of the products sold to date. I am attempting to
    get the total of product 11 sold before 05/21/04. I am also attempting to
    get the total of product 11 sold after 05/21/04. I need the same figures for
    product 18. All of the figures are on one spreadsheet, so nothing fancy
    there. I've tried "count", "Sum(IF)" "sumproduct" and nothing seems to work.
    I'm probably leaving something out or adding too much in, but I get a "0" as
    my answer. Any assistance would be much appreciated. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: How do I get the total number of items that meet 2 criteria in Exc

    Hi Terri,

    =sumproduct(--(d2:d1000=11);--(n2:n1000<a1)

    on a1 put the date

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo