Auto Data Transfer

  1. #1
    Freshman
    Guest

    Auto Data Transfer

    Dear all,

    I've a workbook with several worksheets, namely "Jan06", "Feb06"......and
    "Summary". This Summary worksheet consolidates all data from columns A, B & E
    of all other worksheets in the same workbook(they are identical). Every time
    when I filled in all records for that month, I've to copy the data from
    columns A, B & E to the "Summary" worksheet for further analysis purpose. Is
    there a macro which can copy those required data from any of the worksheets
    automatically to the first blank row in the "Summary" worksheet? If yes,
    please write me that macro.

    Thanks in advance.

    Best regards.

  2. #2
    Michael M
    Guest

    RE: Auto Data Transfer

    Hi Freshman
    You don't need a macro to do this.
    If, for example, you want to add the data in A1 of each sheet totalled in
    the Summary sheet, simply go to the Summary Sheet and click in A1.
    Now type = and then click on the A1 cells in each sheet

    It might look like this
    =SUM(Jan06!A1+Feb06!A1..............)

    From then each time you change data in the sheet cells the summary sheet
    will change as well

    HTH
    Michael M

  3. #3
    Freshman
    Guest

    RE: Auto Data Transfer

    Hi Mike,

    Thanks for your help. May be I haven't raised my question clear. Sorry for
    the confusion. My question is not going to total all values in A1 of other
    worksheets to cell A1 in Summary worksheet. I want to copy every record in
    columns A, B & E of every worksheet to the Summary worksheet then I use them
    for analysis in a pivot table. Since the records are filled in month after
    month, so I want the completed records of the current month can be
    automatically copy to the row under the last record in the Summary worksheet,
    i.e. May06's records under Apr06's record. I hope this can make my question
    clear. Can you help in this aspect?

    Thanks once again.

    Regards.

  4. #4
    Michael M
    Guest

    RE: Auto Data Transfer

    Sorry, I understand now.
    Unfortunately, my VBA is only scratchy but I'm sure there will be other
    users that will have input and can fit you with a Macro
    Regards
    Michael M