# in Function

  1. #1
    CIL
    Guest

    # in Function

    Top of the morning.
    The below function inserts a space between the last 2 digits of a number.

    6789 in a1 becomes 678 9 and aligns on the left of the cell (text).
    =TEXT(A1,"#"" ""0")

    Now for the dumb question, what does the "#" do and where could I find this
    tidbit of information?

    Thanks.
    cil

  2. #2

    Re: # in Function

    Hello,

    Open Excel help, go to answer wizard, type "number format codes",
    select that and go to "Decimal places, spaces, colors, and conditions".

    HTH,
    Bernd

    Excel 2002

  3. #3