Where is my question

  1. #1
    Ash
    Guest

    Where is my question

    I have a problem tracking down the answers for the questions I posted. I
    know the well talentd and knowledgeable Excel community people answers
    our questions on time. Is there any easier way to pin point where my
    email lies at a certain point or is there any way to sort questions
    posted in this board? A day after I post, I have to kind of go down the
    list to see my quetion and the appropriate answer.

    --
    Ash

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Where is my question

    Your newsreader should have procedures where you can configure the program
    to mark and automatically highlight and/or find messages created by you or
    answers to your messages.

    I use Outlook Express because it comes free with Windows, and I can create
    views where I just click on find my messages and replies to them.

    Just take some time and learn your newsreader program.

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Where is my question

    You can also search in the Google newsgroup archives:

    http://groups.google.ca/advanced_gro...q=group:*excel

    Enter your name as the author, and you should find your questions.

    Ash wrote:
    > I have a problem tracking down the answers for the questions I posted. I
    > know the well talentd and knowledgeable Excel community people answers
    > our questions on time. Is there any easier way to pin point where my
    > email lies at a certain point or is there any way to sort questions
    > posted in this board? A day after I post, I have to kind of go down the
    > list to see my quetion and the appropriate answer.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures
    http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

  4. #4

    Re: Where is my question

    Debra Dalgleish wrote:
    > You can also search in the Google newsgroup archives:
    > http://groups.google.ca/advanced_gro...q=group:*excel
    > Enter your name as the author, and you should find your questions.

    FYI, my experience has been that Google Groups advanced search is
    unreliable. It frequently fails to find articles that I know I posted.
    I find them later by exhaustive manual search. The articles it fails
    to find might be as recent as yesterday as well as very old postings.
    (The latter is not surprising. The former is.) I always choose to
    list results by date, and I select a large value for the number of
    results. I have had the same unreliable results whether I search a
    specific newsgroup or a set of newsgroups (using the "*" wildcard).

  5. #5

    Re: Where is my question

    Ash wrote:
    > Is there any easier way to pin point where my
    > email lies at a certain point or is there any way to sort questions
    > posted in this board? A day after I post, I have to kind of go down the
    > list to see my quetion and the appropriate answer.

    unreliable. Well, I just discovered that the My Profile link in the
    upper left on the Google Groups page (after signin in) seems to provide
    a pretty good history of my posting, at least so far as I remember
    them. For example, I found this thread again very easily. If you are
    not familiar with Google Groups, open your web browser and go to
    groups.google.com. Of course, there is much to dislike about the
    Google Groups user interface. Y'win some, y'lose some.