if "x" days is more fall on weekend return following monday

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    if "x" days is more fall on weekend return following monday

    in A2:A366 i have every date of the year in mmddyyyy format

    In B2:B366 i want it to return the date that is three days later. unless it falls on a weekend. then it needs to be the following monday.

    For example:
    A2 = 07/04/2006 B2 = 07/07/2006
    A3 = 07/05/2006 B3 = 07/10/2006
    A4 = 07/06/2006 B4 = 07/10/2006
    A5 = 07/07/2006 B5 = 07/10/2006
    A6 = 07/08/2006 B6 = 07/11/2006

    I also want to make it is a format that cell C1 is where I put in the amount of days later (so I can change it from 3 to 5 to 10, etc.)

    Any suggestions.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: if "x" days is more fall on weekend return following monday

    =WORKDAY(A2,$C$1)

    and copy down

    WORKDY is part of the Analysis Toolpak, so that needs to be installed
    (Tools>Addins)

    Bob Phillips

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor

    thank you

    thank you this worked great

  4. #4
    Forum Expert daddylonglegs's Avatar
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    14,675
    You say you want to return a date 3 days later unless it falls on the weekend, in which case return following Monday. This isn't always the same as adding 3 workdays and certainly won't ever be the same if C1 is 10

    I suggest

    =WORKDAY(A2+$C$1-1,1)