Calculate the difference between two cell entries using NOW() func

  1. #1
    CZeigler
    Guest

    Calculate the difference between two cell entries using NOW() func

    I'm having some difficulty displaying the time lapsed between cell entries.
    I tried using the now function embedded within an if statement but the now
    function recalculates everytime I enter something in a new cell giving me an
    elapsed time of 0. Is there a way to turn the automatic calculation of the
    now function off without turning automatic calculation off for the entire
    workbook?

  2. #2
    Gonzo
    Guest

    Re: Calculate the difference between two cell entries using NOW() func

    No.

    You'll need to find a way to temporarily store the initial time value
    (in a cell or a VBA variable) so you can reuse it afterwards. Anyhow,
    seems like a VBA job to me.