Incremental Numbering

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Watford, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft Office 365

    Incremental Numbering

    Hello,

    I would like to be able to enter a number is Excel worksheet say G7 and have that number incremented by 1 every 9 rows.

    eg.

    G7......2378
    G16....2379
    G15....2380
    and so on.

    This can either be done by running a macro or automaticaly

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Incremental Numbering

    "fastcar" wrote:
    > I would like to be able to enter a number is Excel worksheet say G7 and
    > have that number incremented by 1 every 9 rows.
    > eg.
    > G7......2378
    > G16....2379
    > G25....2380 [corrected]
    > and so on.

    With the 2 initial inputs in
    > G7......2378
    > G16....2379

    think we could just select G7:G24, then fill* down as far as desired
    *drag the fill handle at the bottom right corner of G24
    --
    Max
    Singapore