formula to remind me of an appointment 3 months in the future

  1. #1
    jamaicanbashi
    Guest

    formula to remind me of an appointment 3 months in the future

    I would like to set up a formula to remind me of a meeting in the future for
    clientel of about 100, different dates in the future over a 6 months period.
    If not using an excel package, maybe using a next package.
    thanks

  2. #2
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: formula to remind me of an appointment 3 months in the future

    jamaicanbashi wrote:
    > I would like to set up a formula to remind me of a meeting in the
    > future for clientel of about 100, different dates in the future over
    > a 6 months period. If not using an excel package, maybe using a next
    > package.
    > thanks

    Maybe it would be better if you post an example of your data and dates... Or
    if you like you could also upload an example file to www.savefile.com

    --
    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

    Ciao

    Franz Verga from Italy

  3. #3
    MartinW
    Guest

    Re: formula to remind me of an appointment 3 months in the future

    Hi jamaican,

    One way

    In cell A1 put =TODAY()
    In cell B1 put Your target date
    In cell C1 put =B1-A1

    Then use conditional formatting in C1 to fill the cell Red
    when cell value is equal to zero.

    When you open the file each morning any meetings due that
    day will be red. If you aren't going to open it each day it
    may be safer to use cell value is less than or equal to zero.

    You can come up with a lot of other variations along similar lines.

    HTH
    Martin