Double Clicking on link w/i workbook does't bring me to souce.

  1. #1
    tfranc
    Guest

    Double Clicking on link w/i workbook does't bring me to souce.

    When in excel and linking a cell on tab one to say tab 3 within the workbook
    I have previously been able to double click on the item and the program jumps
    me to the source cell. Currenlty what happens is that the curser just
    remains in the cell and awaits edits - perhaps it circle highlights the
    source cell. At my new place of employment this does not happen & all other
    individuals state they have never heard of this capability. I am sure it
    exists and that something needs to be activiated not not sure what - can
    anyone help?

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Double Clicking on link w/i workbook does't bring me to souce.

    tfranc,

    Tools / Options.... "Edit" tab, UNCheck "Edit directly in cell"

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    tfranc
    Guest

    Re: Double Clicking on link w/i workbook does't bring me to souce.

    Dude - you ware way awesome! I definately owe you a drink!