NETWORKDAYS Function doesn't work

  1. #1
    Dean
    Guest

    NETWORKDAYS Function doesn't work

    I am trying to use NETWORKDAYS to eliminate Weekends in my calcutions as below
    A1 Cell contains 6/30/06
    B1 Cell contains 7/5/06

    using NETWORKDAYS(A1,B1), it should produce (48), but shows (96), Noting
    that 7/1 and 7/2 are Sat and Sun, they should not be count, so why are they
    showing up? Thx for your help - Dean.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: NETWORKDAYS Function doesn't work

    Huh?

    It returns 4, as it should?

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dean
    Guest

    Re: NETWORKDAYS Function doesn't work

    Peo,
    I understand what your saying, so if I don't want to include the first
    date, I show A1+1 and to exclude the last date, I show B1-1.
    =NETWORKDAYS(A1+1,B1-1)
    Correct?

    Now, in dealing with Time, I could use some help.
    A1 has 2:52pm entered
    B1 has 2:52pm entered
    =Hour(B1)-Hour(A1) shows 0:00 as the total

    now for adding 1 hour to the difference
    A1 has 2:52pm entered
    B1 has 3:52pm entered
    =Hour(B1)-Hour(A1) shows 24:00 as the total
    Why would it show 24, instead it should show 1:00 ?
    Thx again - Dean

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben

    On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 14:44:01 -0700, Dean <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Peo,
    > I understand what your saying, so if I don't want to include the first
    >date, I show A1+1 and to exclude the last date, I show B1-1.
    >=NETWORKDAYS(A1+1,B1-1)
    > Correct?

    This returns 2 using the dates in your original post.

    >Now, in dealing with Time, I could use some help.
    > A1 has 2:52pm entered
    > B1 has 2:52pm entered
    >=Hour(B1)-Hour(A1) shows 0:00 as the total

    Correct

    > now for adding 1 hour to the difference
    > A1 has 2:52pm entered
    > B1 has 3:52pm entered
    >=Hour(B1)-Hour(A1) shows 24:00 as the total
    > Why would it show 24, instead it should show 1:00 ?

    When I enter the times and formula, I get 1:00 if cell formatted as number with
    two dec. pts.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Dean
    Guest

    Re: NETWORKDAYS Function doesn't work

    Thanks Gord, good point, I'll try working with that. Dean