How to get current worksheet name to display in a cell?

  1. #1
    xfixiate
    Guest

    How to get current worksheet name to display in a cell?

    I need to get the current worksheet name into a cell.
    Each worksheet is a number (eg 1,2,3,4 etc)
    Two reasons:
    1. So ppl can see which worksheet they are looking on
    2. So I can use a lookup to get a value from a master sheet into the right
    worksheet.
    Can't find anything!!

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor VBA Noob's Avatar
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    xl03 & xl 07(Jan 09)
    Posts
    11,988
    Try

    =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,FIND("]",
    CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))-1)

    VBA Noob

  3. #3
    Bondi
    Guest

    Re: How to get current worksheet name to display in a cell?

    xfixiate wrote:
    > I need to get the current worksheet name into a cell.
    > Each worksheet is a number (eg 1,2,3,4 etc)
    > Two reasons:
    > 1. So ppl can see which worksheet they are looking on
    > 2. So I can use a lookup to get a value from a master sheet into the right
    > worksheet.
    > Can't find anything!!

    Hi,

    Maybe you can use something like this:

    =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255)

    Regards,
    Bondi