Another Conditional Formatting Question

  1. #1
    1320_Life
    Guest

    Another Conditional Formatting Question

    I have 898 rows of information spread across 13 columns. Column "G" has
    dates (898 *different* dates...). What I want to do is set a conditional
    formula to change the font, of the whole row, only if the date is older than
    "today". I must be able to select all of the cells and set the formatting at
    once, but I can't seem to get it correct. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor VBA Noob's Avatar
    London, England
    MS-Off Ver
    xl03 & xl 07(Jan 09)
    Posts
    11,988
    Hi,

    I would suggest only selecting the 13 columns not the whole workbook.

    Then in Conditional Formatting enter.

    =IF($G3<TODAY(),TRUE,FALSE)

    VBA Noob

  3. #3
    1320_Life
    Guest

    Re: Another Conditional Formatting Question

    Thanks Noob,
    However that formula also highlights rows that are "newer" than today as
    well. Thinking back to my previous post, I may not have explained that I
    only want rows with dates older than "today" to be highlighted.

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Another Conditional Formatting Question

    Select Rows G1:G898

    Format>CF>Formula is:

    =$G1<TODAY()

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5
    1320_Life
    Guest

    Re: Another Conditional Formatting Question

    That's it! Thanks Gord!