Major Help Needed Asap

  1. #1

    Major Help Needed Asap

    Hey Guys

    Its Sunday 7:44 am est and i have a forum i need to finish today but am a total Newb at Excel. This will be an easy question for all of you i am sure

    columm A on my sheet has names in it that goes about 57 lines deep. Is there a way to highlight the columm and put a comma to seperate it from columm b with just one click of a button instead of going person by person and doing it?
    Last edited by ninjashadow80; 07-23-2006 at 08:15 AM.

  2. #2
    come on fellas this has to be an asy question for most of you

  3. #3
    CIL
    Guest

    Re: Major Help Needed Asap

    I assume that the data begins with "a1" and "b1"
    If so go to "c1 " and enter =a1 & "," & b1
    then fill down to the end of your 57 lines.

    HTH
    cil

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    CIL
    Guest

    Re: Major Help Needed Asap

    you can also use the concatenate function
    "ninjashadow80" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Major Help Needed Asap

    You have names in Column A.

    So far that's all we know.

    Single names like George or first/last like George Peters?

    What is in Column B?

    Do you want to join A and B?

    Not so simple when you don't provide details.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  6. #6
    I have things in columm A thru E. I need each columm to be seperated by a comma

  7. #7
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Major Help Needed Asap

    Let me give you some advice.

    *Everyone* here *IS* here for the express purpose of helping someone.

    If you're no getting any help, it's probably because no one understands you.

    I know that I don't.

    Why didn't you reply to CIL this morning and say what was wrong with that
    suggestion?

    RD

    "ninjashadow80" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  8. #8
    Forum Contributor
    Auckland New Zealand
    MS-Off Ver
    Office Professional 2007
    Are you trying to create a file that shows this data with commas between each column? In that case, save the file as a csv file, and it will do it for you.

    (File, Save As, change file type to csv, and save).

    Is this what you want?

    Regards
    Mike