Dropdown Data Lookup

  1. #1

    Unhappy Dropdown Data Lookup

    Hi All,

    Hope you can help.

    I have dropdown lists that I need to collate the data by DATE. I am having a horrible time getting it to work. I was using

    =IF(B1=0,0,HLOOKUP(B1,'12345'!C13:Z221,168,TRUE))

    but if the dropdown list doesn't name that particular item on line 168 then it can't return the value.

    I need something where it will look at several lines to find the correct data. Can anyone help?

    Tar
    San

  2. #2
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: Dropdown Data Lookup

    rhani111 wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Hope you can help.
    >
    > I have dropdown lists that I need to collate the data by DATE. I am
    > having a horrible time getting it to work. I was using
    >
    > =IF(B1=0,0,HLOOKUP(B1,'12345'!C13:Z221,168,TRUE))
    >
    > but if the dropdown list doesn't name that particular item on line 168
    > then it can't return the value.
    >
    > I need something where it will look at several lines to find the
    > correct data. Can anyone help?
    >
    > Tar
    > San

    Maybe you can use VLOOKUP or INDEX + MATCH... It's difficult to say without
    an example of your data...

    --
    Hope I helped you.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.