How do I truncate or hide portions of text in a pivot table?

  1. #1
    Sean McCloskey
    Guest

    How do I truncate or hide portions of text in a pivot table?

    I have a call center software that lets you create your own custom variables,
    and if activate on a phone call all the variables are stored to one location:
    CustomData. Here lies in the problem. I am trying to create a custom
    report, but I get results like this:

    GameTitle=Defective Disk: Backyard Wrestling 2 PS2;
    GameTitle=Defective Disk: Backyard Wrestling 2 PS2;IdiotCheck=Entered the
    support system properly;MainMenu=Damaged or Defective Disk;
    GameTitle=Defective Disk: Deus Ex Invisible War;
    GameTitle=Defective Disk: Deus Ex Invisible War;IdiotCheck=Entered the
    support system properly;MainMenu=Damaged or Defective Disk;

    The variables here are GameTitle, IdiotCheck, MainMenu. I just want to show
    everything after the '=' but before the ';'. Any tips ideas, or suggections

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: How do I truncate or hide portions of text in a pivot table?

    > .. I just want to show everything after the '=' but before the ';'.

    On a spare "values only" copy of the PT sheet (paste special as values in a
    new sheet), try tinkering with Data > Text to Columns (Delimited) using '=',
    then ';' as the delimiters. Might give you the desired results.
    --
    Max
    Singapore