Formula for Conditional Formating - Help!

  1. #1
    Mark Campbell
    Guest

    Formula for Conditional Formating - Help!

    I am trying to enter a fromula using the conditional formating menu -
    I wish to highlight the contents of cell A2 if and only if both the
    following conditions are true
    cell A4 = blank
    cell A5 - contains a date which is greater than today.

    Any help appreciated - I can insert 2 seperate formula for this but i want
    both conditions to apply before the formating is applied.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Greg Wilson
    Guest

    RE: Formula for Conditional Formating - Help!

    Try:

    =AND(ISBLANK($A$4), ISNUMBER($A$5), $A$5>TODAY())

    You can paste the formula using Ctrl+V. The right click popup menu isn't
    available when the Conditional Format dialog is open.

    Regards,
    Greg

  3. #3
    Mark Campbell
    Guest

    RE: Formula for Conditional Formating - Help!

    Thanks Greg,

    Saved me about 2 days figuring it out!!