dato calkulations

  1. #1
    Jv.
    Guest

    dato calkulations

    Hi
    I need to count time in days/montht/years from one period to another.
    I have tried to do a simple calkulation like 15-01-2001 minus 01-01-2000,
    but problem is, that excell does not have a zero month and with some
    calkulations makes plus one month. It also makes some mistakes in
    calkulations of days...
    Does somebody knows how to solve it?

    Thank you :-)

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: dato calkulations

    Hi Jv,

    take a look at DATADIF function help.

    =DATADIF(INITIALDATE,FINALDATE,"X")

    X could be:

    D = days between both dates
    M = Months between both dates
    Y = Years between both dates
    MD = difference between both dates but, months and years are ignorated
    YD = difference between both dates but, days and years are ignorated

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: dato calkulations

    With the earlier date in A1, and the later date in A2:

    =DATEDIF(A1,A2,"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,A2,"ym") & " months, " & DATEDIF(A1,A2,"md") & " days"

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...